IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
Baked Lemon Sole
1. Rinse fillets thoroughly in cold water; pat dry with paper towels, and set aside.
2. Combine melted margarine and lemon juice in a small bowl.
3. Combine flour, chopped parsley and pepper in a shallow container.
4. Dip fillets in margarine mixture and dredge in flour mixture. Transfer fillets to a
nonstick baking sheet, and drizzle any remaining margarine mixture over fish.
5. Sprinkle fillets with paprika. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is
golden brown and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6. If a crisper texture is desired, broil baked fillets 4 inches from heat for 1 minute.
Garnish each fillet with a lemon wedge and fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Servings:
Calories: 92; Protein: 16 g; Sodium: 79 mg; Cholesterol: 50 mg; Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat
4 (3-1/4 oz.) sole fillets
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp margarine, melted
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp paprika
2 tbsp all-purpose flour