Banana Coconut Bread
1. Mix together 1-1/4 cups of flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Combine banana, oil and honey. Stir into flour mixture quickly (gently) until combined.
Add part of the remaining 1/4 cup flour if needed. Batter will be lumpy.
3. Spread batter evenly in a lightly greased (and/or waxed paper lined) 8x4-inch loaf pan.
4. Bake at 350F about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 10 min in pan. Turn out of pan, cool completely on rack. Wrap in waxed paper and
store overnight before slicing.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Protein: 2 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Exchanges: 1 Starch/bread, 1 Fat
1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened, shredded
1 cup mashed banana
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp honey
IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.