2 teaspoons oil
6 single chicken breasts (24 oz. raw weight),
skinned, boned, washed, sliced in 1/2" strips
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup peach or apricot chutney
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon each curry powder,
cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1-1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons dry white wine
2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
1. In a large skillet, heat oil to medium high, and saute chicken pieces until brown.
2. Remove chicken, set aside.
3. Saute garlic and onion in skillet until soft, and golden.
4. Stir in chutney and spices and cook one minute.
5. Add broth and wine, and heat through, stirring constantly.
6. Return chicken to sauce, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
7. Stir in coconut flavoring.
8. Serve over hot rice.
Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Calories: 160; Protein: 19 g;
Sodium: 44 mg; Fat: 6 g; Carbohydrates: 6 g;
Exchanges: 3 low-fat meat; 1/3 fruit