IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
6 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup each of onion, bell pepper and mushrooms
1-1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
1. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until tender.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Combine tomato sauce and chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms.
4. Mix in separate bowl cottage cheese, eggs & 1/2 of Parmesan cheese.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. In a 8" x 8" casserole, layer half the noodles, the cottage cheese mixture,
and grated mozzarella cheese.
7. Top with tomato sauce mix and the rest of the noodles.
8. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
9. Bake for 25 minutes
Makes 3 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Protein: 36 g
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 52 g
Exchanges: 3 Low-Fat Milk, 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable