IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a
professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to
exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of
the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
1/4 cup flour
Dash of white pepper
Dash of oregano
Dash of basil
1-1/4 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon safflower oil
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 cup marsala wine or dry sherry
1. Mix the flour, white pepper, oregano, and basil together on a plate.
2. Wash and dry the chicken breasts and coat each with the flour mixture. Reserve
any leftover flour.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and saute gently
until brown and tender on both sides, about 15 minutes. Remove the breasts to a
4. Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup of the wine; cook for about 5 minutes over low
heat. Scrape the bottom of pan to loosen any flour. Stir in any reserved flour and
the remaining wine.
5. Simmer until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Slip the cooked breasts
into the sauce. Cook gently for about 5 minutes or more.
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Calories: 333; Protein: 21 g; Sodium: 106 mg; Fat: 9.1 g; Carbs: 9.1 g; Fiber: 8.4 g
Exchanges: 3/4 Bread/Starch, 3 Low-Fat Meat