IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires
medical attention by a professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when
reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary
guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your
physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine, divided
5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine the pepper, half the garlic, the salt, oregano, parsley, lemon juice, and half of
the wine in a resealable plastic bag.
2. Add the chicken. Mix gently to coat the chicken with the marinade. Marinate in the
refrigerator for several hours (overnight is best).
3. When ready to cook the chicken, preheat the broiler, on low if your range has this
setting. Remove the chicken from the marinade (save the remaining marinade) and place in
a shallow pan.
4. Broil 8 inches from the heat, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink inside
(about 15 minutes).
5. While the chicken is broiling, heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Saute the remaining
garlic, until fragrant, but not browned.
6. Add the remaining white wine to the saute pan and scrape to remove any bits on the
pan. Add the remaining marinade and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce the sauce by
half. Stir in the butter and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Pour the
sauce over the chicken. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories: 241; Sodium: 496 mg;
Cholesterol: 89 mg; Fat: 11 g; Carbs: 3 g