Cranberry Walnut Muffins
1/2 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup Beatrice Fat Free Sour Cream
4 teaspoons Becel Olive Oil Margarine
1 egg, large
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup frozen cranberries
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Line 8 muffin cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
3) Mix Splenda, flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium sized
mixing bowl. Set aside.
4) Mix orange juice, water, sour cream, margarine and egg in a small mixing bowl.
5) Add liquid mixture to dry mixture. Mix gently to combine. Add walnuts and cranberries
and stir until just blended.
6) Spoon batter into eight muffin cups. Bake on top rack of preheated 375F oven 18-23
minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Calories: 161.8 fat: 5.3 g protein: 4.5 g carbs: 24.9 g fiber: 2.7 g
IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.