Black Bean Dip
* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
* Pinch chili powder
* Pinch each salt, black pepper and ground cumin
* 2 drops hot pepper sauce
* 1/8 cup minced white onion
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
1. Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Combine beans, reserved liquid, chili
powder, salt, black pepper, cumin and hot pepper sauce in blender; process until smooth.
2. Combine onion and garlic in nonstick skillet; cover and cook over low heat until onion is
soft. Uncover and cook until slightly browned. Add chilies; cook 3 minutes more. Add bean
mixture; mix well.
3. Serve hot or cold with melba toasts or jicama; garnish with pepper strips, if desired.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 134 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: < 1 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch/Bread