IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
* 1 small head of cauliflower
* 1 tablespoons virgin olive oil
* 2 large cloves garlic-minced
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
* Dash paprika (optional)
* Pepper to taste (optional)
1. In a large kettle, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Trim cauliflower and break into flowerets.
3. Drop into boiling water and cook about 2 minutes.
4. Drain in a colander.
5. In a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil and toast garlic.
6. Add cauliflower and sesame seeds and saute for 1 minute.
7. Dust with paprika and pepper before serving (optional).
Makes 4 Servings
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat