8 ounces fresh green beans, halved crosswise
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cooking oil
12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly
2 cups hot cooked brown rice
2 oranges, peeled and sectioned or thinly sliced
1. In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water
for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook sesame seeds over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes
or until toasted, stirring frequently. Set aside.
3. For sauce: In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch,
and orange peel; set aside.
4. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over
medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to hot skillet; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the precooked green beans; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet.
5. Carefully add oil to the hot skillet. Add beef; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until desired
doneness. Remove from skillet.
6. Stir sauce; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2
minutes more. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Heat through, stirring to coat all
ingredients with sauce. Serve over hot cooked brown rice. Top with orange sections and
sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Makes 4 (3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup cooked
Total Fat (g) 10
Saturated Fat (g) 2
Cholesterol (mg) 52
Sodium (mg) 341
Carbohydrate (g) 41
Fiber (g) 6
Protein (g) 24