Egg Salad Sandwich
1. Cut each egg in half.
2. Carefully remove the yolks.
3. Discard one yolk.
4. In a small bowl, mash the remaining egg yolk.
5. Add the sour cream, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and salt (if desired).
6. Stir to mix well.
7. Stir in the celery.
8. Chop the egg whites and stir them into the yolk mixture.
9. Spread the mixture on each slice of bread.
10. Serve as open-faced sandwiches.
11. If desired, garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika.
Serving size: 1/3 cup egg salad with 1 bread slice.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Calories: 179, fat: 8 g, protein: 10.4 g, carbs: 15.8 g, fiber: 2 g, sugars: 4.6 g
IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
2 large hard-cooked eggs, cooled
1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
1 pinch salt (optional)
1/4 cup celery, finely-chopped
2 slices whole wheat bread, reduced-fat
paprika, for garnish (optional)