* 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
* 1 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
* 1/2 of a small red bell pepper, diced
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
* 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped (optional)
1. Fill a soup pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the
asparagus, cover, and steam for 4 to 6 minutes, or until fork-tender. Remove the asparagus
and plunge it into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
2. In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine the Italian dressing, red pepper, parsley, and chives;
3. Remove the asparagus from the water, drain well, and add to the baking dish, coating it
completely with the dressing mixture.
4. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with the
chopped egg, if desired.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Protein: 1 g
Sodium: 456 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 1 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable