* Olive oil cooking spray
* 2 green onions and tops, sliced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
* 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
* 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until
hot. Saute onions, garlic, and basil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth
and heat to boiling; gradually stir in cornmeal and salt. Cook over low heat,
stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
2. Pour polenta into lightly greased 8-inch cake pan; cool to room
temperature. Refrigerate, lightly covered, until polenta is firm, 3 to 4 hours.
3. Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
Cut polenta into wedges; cook in skillet over medium heat until browned, 3
to 4 minutes on each side.
Makes 4-5 Servings
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Protein: 2.5 g
Sodium: 309 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 1.3 g
Carbohydrates: 22.4 g
Exchanges: 1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat