IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
Italian Spinach Pie
* 1 container (16 oz.) Breakstone'S or Knudsen 2% Milkfat Low Fat
* 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
* 1 cup Kraft Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
* 4 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, well drained, chopped
* 1/3 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
* 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
2. Pour into greased 9-inch pie plate.
3. Bake 40 min. or until center is set.
Makes 8 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
Protein: 15 g
Sodium: 450 mg
Cholesterol: 125 mg
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable + 2 Lean Meat