IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a
professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to
exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of
the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
New York Cheesecake
3/4 cup very finely ground pecans
1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
2 tablespoons white flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Zest (grated rind) of one small lemon
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
3. Sprinkle the ground pecans evenly over the pan bottom, patting them
into place. The crust layer will be very light and may not entirely cover the
bottom of the pan.
4. In a food processor, combine the ricotta, yogurt, Splenda, egg
substitute, flour, vanilla, and lemon zest. Process until partially smoothed,
about 1-1/2 minutes.
5. Cut the cream cheese into 9 or 10 chunks. One at a time, add the chunks
through the feed tube. Process after each addition. Process until smooth -
an additional 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
6. Carefully spoon the mixture over the ground pecans.
7. Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. and bake for an
additional 50 to 60 minutes or until the cheesecake edges have begun to
brown and the center is puffed and seems set when the surface is lightly
9. Remove to a rack and cool for 20 minutes. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or
overnight until cooled. When cooled, cover with plastic wrap. If desired, top
with cut fruit.
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
Protein: 11 g
Sodium: 178 mg
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g