IMPORTANT: www.diabetic-diet-recipes.net is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional.
The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood
glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts
of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.
Salmon Pasta Salad
8 ounces (about 3 cups) uncooked Dreamfields Rotini
12 ounces coarsely chopped cooked salmon
1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 to 4 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Leaf lettuce (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold
water; drain again.
2. In a medium bowl combine drained pasta, salmon, cucumber, red onion
3. For vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey,
zest, if desired, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
4. Pour over pasta mixture. Toss gently to coat. Add tomatoes. Toss
5. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serve on top lettuce
with fresh lemon, if desired.
Makes 4 (2 Cup Servings)
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Protein: 29 g
Sodium: 210 mg
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g