Soba Noodle Salad
20 ounces soba noodles
1-1/2 teaspoons arrowroot
8 fluid ounces Vegetable stock
3-1/2 fluid ounces lime juice
2 fluid ounces rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
4 teaspoons grated lime zest
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 ounce cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 ounces fresh shiitake mushroom julienne
4 ounces snow peas, blanched
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender to the bite. Drain and cool
the noodles to room temperature.
2. Combine the arrowroot with enough stock to form a slurry. Bring the
remaining stock to a boil. Add the slurry and stir until thickened. Cool to
3. Combine the lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest, and garlic.
Whisk in the thickened stock and sesame oil. Stir in the cilantro.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a small saute pan. Add the mushrooms and
saute until almost cooked. Add the snow peas and continue to saute until
the peas are bright green.
5. Toss together the noodles, snow peas, mushrooms, and vinaigrette.
Serve the salad at room temperature.
Nutritional Information (Per
Protein: 4 g
Sodium: 135 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g